So you’ve got greasy unmanageable oily hair and you just can’t take it anymore. You have tried so many shampoos that you can’t even see your sink countertops anymore. You look under your sink and you find just as many shampoos as those sitting on top of your sink. So what do you do? Do you just keep going through all of the shampoos until you run across the one that you think might be right for you? Slow down. Breathe. Relax. Release. Now listen. There may be several reasons why your hair is oily. It could be hormonal. It could be your diet. It could be because you try to wash your hair with clarifying shampoos that have sulfates and chemicals in them that strip your hair and do your hair more harm than good. You could be trying different products in hopes to remove some of the oils from your hair and your scalps natural response is to produce the oil that your body needs. So slowdown and let’s take these steps together. Here are 7 shampoos that you can try that are sure to help you with your oil hair blues.
- Just Natural Organic Hair Care Oily Hair Shampoo. This shampoo smells very natural because of the fresh lemon, tea tree, and basil in this sulfate free shampoo. This shampoo keeps nature in mind and it keeps what your scalp needs in mind. Every ingredient is natural and it is made without any stripping agents. The lemongrass, tea tree, and basil oils are combined to help reinvigorate your scalp and give it an even balance. You don’t have to worry about your hair being oily after using this shampoo because this product is designed to neutralize what’s causing excessive oiliness. It also leaves your hair feeling silk, refreshing and manageable.
- Paul Mitchell Shampoo Two. This shampoo is made with extracts of chamomile, henna, rosemary, aloe vera, and jojoba. All of these components provide a certain level of cleanliness, shine and body to your hair. Jojoba oil in particular is an oil that is closest to the natural oil that our body produces. By using this shampoo to remove excess oil and build-up, you are also neutralizing the oiliness by adding natural oil back into your hair to ensure that you are not totally drying out the scalp. Ensure that you are massaging this shampoo into your hair to give the best results. And not to mention the inviting smell your hair will have afterwards—you’ll be pleased with this shampoo for your oily hair.
- Biolage Hair Care Normalizing Shampoo. This shampoo gets down into your scalp and restores its natural balance. This is a deep cleansing shampoo with lemongrass, pollen and sage, and a botanical version of gingko biloba. This interesting combination along with all the other ingredients is what gives it its deep cleansing benefits. It also has a very refreshing smell and will leave your hair soft and silky. Getting rid of that oily feel to your hair is no problem with this shampoo because regardless of the level of oiliness that you experience, this shampoo is designed for normal oily hair.
- Swanson Ultra Tea Tree Oil Shampoo. Not only is this shampoo reasonably priced, but it has been reformatted to be a more natural choice when selecting a shampoo for oily hair. Swanson has removed parabens and sulfate from this shampoo and it is very reasonably priced. You can purchase this shampoo for under $6. This shampoo doesn’t produce as much lather as most, but this does not mean that it is not cleansing your hair. This is definitely a hair care fallacy. Some people equate lather to cleanliness when lather has absolutely nothing to do with cleanliness. What makes your hair clean is all the other ingredients combined to work together to produce the results that your hair truly needs and that you desire. Swanson’s Ultra Tea Tree Oil shampoo focus for this product was to keep their natural tea tree oil foundation but to make it more natural without harming the hair with additives and chemicals that would essentially strip the natural oils from your hair, thus causing dryness. You will have a natural healthy shine with this shampoo and your scalp will appreciate the love as well.
- Desert Essence Organics Lemon Tea Tree Shampoo. If you are truly looking for manageability and soft vibrant hair, then choose Desert Essence Organics Lemon Tea Tree Shampoo. This shampoo has an amazing smell to it. It’s made with lemon tea tree oil and lemon peel extract. The smell is amazing, but the benefits and the way it leaves your hair feeling is even more amazing. This shampoo definitely cleanses the scalp well and it removes excessive oil, but it doesn’t leave your scalp dry. You’ll have just the right amount of oil, naturally, to ensure that you scalp is healthy and maintaining its natural balance. Desert Essence Organics Lemon Tea Tree shampoo also contains maca root extract which is a strengthening agent for your hair. So not only are you extracting excess oil but you are also protecting and strengthening your hair with this shampoo. It’s all natural properties make it worth the buy. You can find it online for less than $10.
The list above gives you a little bit of everything. You have your all natural oily hair shampoos. You have a popular brand, Paul Mitchel oil hair shampoo, and you have another shampoo that is growing in popularity, the Bioloage oily hair shampoo. All of these options may not be available in a store near you but they are definitely available online. You can find each of these shampoos for less than $10. It’s worth the investment to use the shampoos above as a starting point because you have a variety to choose from. They all have rave reviews and many people have enjoyed the results of oily-free hair. You can too. Turn your oily hair blues into manageable hair in not time.