Sex helps depression we are now being told, semen as we know is full of wonderful substances. OK it really is good for you, I am not joking. Semen contains mood changing chemicals, so we are being advised to have sex.
Sex Is Good For Depression – Semen Is An Antidepressant
Now don’t get me wrong I am not ditching sex, but when I am in a crap mood the last thing I want to do is hop into bed, well the bed part sounds enticing but the sex part does not.
Research has shown that women who have had regular unprotected sex are less depressed. OK so now we have to have unprotected sex too? It means without a condom so the women’s “lady areas” can soak up the semen.
So off I go to find out exactly what is in that white gunk;
- two female sex hormones
- many mood-elevating compounds
- estrone (which elevates mood),
- prolactin (a natural antidepressant),
- oxytocin ( elevates mood),
- releasing hormone
- serotonin (perhaps the best-known antidepressant)
Semen Is An Antidepressant?
I am still feeling sorry for the sperm ingredient tester.
So there we go ladies, if you are feeling down go and have unprotected sex.
Read more about semen is an antidepressant
- Is Sex an Antidepressant? (everydayhealth.com)
- The Truth About Semen [Science] (gizmodo.com)
- Depression and Your Sex Life (everydayhealth.com)
- Could oral sex be a pregnant woman’s best defense against morning sickness? (dailymail.co.uk)