These tips may help some of us mummies.
I suffered awful heartburn through out my pregnancy so I am hopeful these tips will help.
So here are the top 10 tips
1. Try a probiotic drink. These help to promote the good bacteria needed in the gut.
2. Improve your posture. Poor posture can exacerbate symptoms so sit up straight at your desk, walk tall with your shoulders back.Maybe try pilate classes or yoga
3. Eat regular meals.Eat little and often-as hard as it may be don’t overload with food or skip meals as this will increase
4. Watch your weight,being overweight can cause heartburn.If concerned about you weight please see GP
5. Try and reduce the amount of high fat meals and foods you consume. Keep your intake of creamy sauces, fried foods, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, cheeses and rich desserts to a minimum and cut back on spicy foods too.
6. Give up smoking.
7. Eat plenty of fibre rich foods.
8. Exercise daily at least 30 minutes a day.
9. Write down everything that you eat for 10-14 days to see if certain food/drink trigger your heartburn.