So I hear you want to learn to tweet? Well first you cover yourself in feathers and sit on a egg until it hatches. JOKE. Right, baring in mind I’m a complete novice at this, here goes nothing:
- Sign up and get yourself a account (Simples)
- Add a photo and fill in your profile
- find your friends. Click on the search bar at the very tippy top and type ether their name or (if you know it) their nick name. For instance my nickname is Amywhyley. When the search loads up. In the main bit there will be tweets that have used ‘Amywhyley’ on the top right hand sides there will be the list of people with the name ‘Amywhyley’.
- Once you’ve found your friend, on the top right hand side, ether click their name to view their profile or click the ‘follow’ button next to the name, you are now a follower!!
- Repeat the process with all of your friends until your following them.
- Now to actually tweet, go back onto the home page and there’s a big white bar (below the search bar) and just above the main feed. You can ether use this a bit like a facebook status or you can ‘tweet’ someone. i.e @therealsupermum I can’t believe you got me to type this whilst you ate chocolate and drank tea. You have now tweeted someone, in this imaginary scenario I tweeted the supermum herself.
- Hopefully you will get a reply and your friends will follow you back.
- The key to getting more followers is by following others and tweeting them just to say ‘Hi’ and hopefully starting up a conversation.
A few things to know when it comes to twitter:
- a DM is a message, don’t ask me why its called a DM, as I said I’m a noob.
- # are for trends, you’ll see a few of them going about.The top one (as of today) is #arentyoutiredof. For instance @therealsupermum #arentyoutiredof this awful muggy weather
- if you want to tweet someone you must put @ and then their name otherwise the chance is they won’t see them and you’ll just look like a wierdo talking to themselves.
- It is quite clicky on there, you’ll notice that certain people only really talk to certain other people and ignore any other tweeters (not that any of us are like that, I just noticed it with a few bloggers I’ve been following).
- You will get odd people following you, for example I have a house and a dragon, I suppose its just the querkyness you could only get on twitter.
Its pretty simple when you got the hang of it. Any questions ether PM me on facebook or comment below. And, of course, don’t forget to tweet Emma (@therealsupermum) and me (@Amywhyley). Have fun tweeting