I have to be honest and say I am rather a lazy blogger, I have heard of the importance of key words, but have never really took that much notice of them.
Do key words really matter?
I decided this afternoon while the children were happy being entertained I would take a look at the Google Analytic tool that I installed a week or so ago. I have to say I was some what shocked at the results. Now my blog is all about parenting and real life experiences right? So I would be driving traffic from the words relating to pregnancy and parenting right? WRONG!
Take a look at what key words are directing traffic to my own blog :
Now number 7 sticks right out to me, half naked girls! I do not quite like the words half naked girls driving traffic to my blog. What type of people search these words? Not the type I want my blog to attract, these has really been an eye opener for me.
I have a lare number of key words on the blog, but there are some I no longer actually want there.
So there we have it my 20 top key words. I am rather surprised as other than a few parenting related words, I really have no idea why those key words are the ones associated with my blog.
Time to research some Key Word resources and start taking more notice over the words I write.
Do key words really matter? Yes they do and word of warning, be wary of what words are are using.
- Top 6 tips to prevent writers block (therealsupermumblog.com)
- Learn Which Social Networks Bring Traffic To Your Blog (therealsupermumblog.com)
- My 4 Ugly Truths About Blogging (therealsupermumblog.com)
- How to use your blog post to its full potential (therealsupermumblog.com)
- Do you ping your blog? Get that traffic coming in (therealsupermumblog.com)